GF Chocolate Cake
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 40-45 minutes Servings: 10
Budget for ingredients: ¥1500
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
3/4 c HOT black coffee **
200 g butter, cut into pieces
2 T cocoa powder
1 T vanilla extract
1 package of strawberries
*Daiso is currently selling blocks of chocolate at a steal for 120 g for 105 yen!
** You can just buy the heated black coffee drink at your combini!
- Chop the chocolate up and mix with the sugars in the big bowl.
- Add the coffee which will magically melt the chocolate! If this doesn’t work off the bat, just set up a double boiler method (aka frying pan with water, steamer stand, and glass bowl) to melt it.
- Add the butter and chocolate powder.
- Mix in eggs one by one. The mixture should definitely be wet and gloppy.
- Pour into springform pan and cover with foil. Bake at 160C for 40-45 minutes.
- If desired, add fruits and powdered sugar. Tada! ❤ True love at first bite.