Nothing says ”comfort” like macaroni and cheese! Ok yes this is really unhealthy but I just can’t help it, it just is so tasty. Additionally, whenever I have any extra crab meat I just dump it in too! When I am missing NY (I have never been to the actual south to eat) Mama’s Food Shop is at the top of the list when it comes to grub. This is my tribute to them. Macaroni and cheese goes great with a salad or green beans. As all fatty foods go, it is good to temper it with something fresh and light! Be careful not to overeat because this recipe is SO GREAT! Props to Alton Brown.
Macaroni and cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Servings: 4-6
Budget for ingredients: ¥600
1 frying pan
1 bag elbow macaroni
1 cup of milk
3 T butter
3 T flour
1 T mustard
3 c milk
1/2 c onion
1 T garlic
1 t paprika
2 handfuls shredded cheese
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1. Boil macaroni in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in pan and add mustard and flour and stir with the whisk.
3. Add milk. onion, garlic, and paprika.
4. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes and add in the egg and half of your cheese (also add in crab meat or whatever you want at this time).
5. Stir in the cooked macaroni and pour mixture into the gratin dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese on top with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C.