Oops…ohisashiburi (it’s been a long time)!
I recently got addicted to watching everything Gordon Ramsay, and believe that Kitchen Nightmares (UK version) is pretty much the best tv show ever made. In many episodes Gordon goes to pubs and almost always eats Yorkshire pudding. I had never seen what it was, but it is usually a side dish to the roast dinner, served with gravy. Anyways, after googling it seems as though they are REALLY easy to make. They were quite gorgeous if I do say so myself. Adapted from About!
Prep time: 10 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Servings: 6
Budget for ingredients: ¥600
1 big bowl
1 cup of milk
1 t of salt
1 cup of flour
3 T butter
1. Whisk eggs and milk together and add the salt.
2. Slowly add flour until well blended. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 190°C.
4. Put 1/2 t of butter into the cupcake tins. Place it inside the oven and get it bubbling! This takes around 3-4 minutes. DO NOT BROWN THE BUTTER! This part is really crucial!
5. Meanwhile, whisk the batter really quickly and add in 1 T or so of ice cold water.
6. After you take out the pan, immediately put in that batter! Fill up the tins 1/3 of the way.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve! Become every English(wo)man’s best friend. Especially if you make vegetarian gravy as well!